After receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science from Purdue University, Christina Rinderle joined a network of talented researchers, biologists, and designers and helped to create the first native plants nursery and nature preserve for the Colorado River Indian Tribes in southern Arizona, which now serves as the model for wetland, riparian and upland restoration on the lower Colorado River and the entire southwestern region. In 1999 Christina moved to Durango to work as botanist and researcher for Ecosystem Management International. Then, while working as an office manager in a renovated building downtown, Christina discovered her passion for in-fill, green building practices and reuse of centrally located space.
Christina managed office building renovations and live/work project development along Main Avenue in the heart of downtown at Crossroads Durango, and is currently a broker and co-owner of Durango Land and Homes, where she is passionate about connecting people in the community with their perfect home or office. Her involvement in the community includes graduating from 2003-2004 Leadership La Plata class, facilitating local and national team building and leadership programs, and volunteering for non-profits such as Big Brothers Big Sisters and the Women’s Resource Center. Christina was also selected as one of the 2009 Center for Progressive Leadership Fellows, a non-partisan, statewide leadership development program.
Christina has served two terms on the Durango City Council, twice as Mayor of Durango, in addition to two terms on the Colorado Municipal League Executive Board, including a term as President of the Colorado Municipal League. She was a founding board member of the La Plata County Economic Development Alliance where she served until 2017 and is still an active participant with Durango Land and Homes as a proud investor in the organization. Currently Christina serves on the Trails 2000 Board and is the community chair for KSUT Public Radio’s capital campaign.
Christina loves hiking, biking, and running throughout the area and sharing great local food with friends and family.
Christina is the one connection you’ll need for:
- Commercial and Office Leasing and Real Estate Sales
- Business connections in the Durango area
- Everything from First-time Homebuyer to Luxury Home Market Information
- Relocation details and local market trends
- Comprehensive and complete information about your Durango
property search or sale
- Someone you can trust who has your best interests at heart
- Voted one of the 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017 TOP 3 BEST REALTORS in Durango
by the Durango Herald Reader’s Choice Award
- Former two-term member of Durango’s City Council
- Two-time Mayor of Durango
- Representative for Crossroads Durango
- Volunteer on regional non-profit boards and commissions
- Supporter of Buy Local and Local First
- One of the Top Producing Realtors in Durango